The learning objectives of the training were to recognize the problems to be solved, identify the basic constructs of SAFe and apply the implementation roadmap.
SAFe, Scaled Agile Framework, was created to aid businesses deliver value on a regular basis, providing knowledge of proven integrated principles and practices. What lead this method to succeed is its combination of leadership engagement combined with education and training. Since its launch, SAFe has gone through five considerable updates as it has grown with the marketplace and it keeps searching for new ways to develop systems and software. A key feature that is constantly being updated is the Framework knowledge base, as its target is to provide guidance.
SAFe is a framework that provides benefits and developments to both customers and employees. So far, over 70% of US Fortune enterprises are SAFe certified professionals and they keep delivering value on a calculable agenda making them more competitive in their industry. It counts with a major partner as global Scaled Agile Network, a comprehensive, role-based training and certification program.
The core of the method is Essential SAFe. This configuration provides a starting point for enforcing SAFe and explains the major elements that are needed to see the vast benefits of the framework. SAFe has excelled in any situation it has been tested on, from software and systems development to medical devices, fighter aircrafts and memory chips. Essential SAFe defines even the smallest elements that are necessary to thrive.
These 10 essential elements help organizations achieve three critical abilities: Lean-Agile Leadership, DevOps and Release on Demand and Team and Technical Agility.
Following, the Ten Essential Elements:
- Lean-Agile Principles: Assure the concise sustainable lead time, with incomparable excellence and value.
- Real Agile Teams and Trains: These are cross-functional, involving all the necessary components to generate a working teste increment of the solution.
- Cadence and Synchronization: Creates a rhythmic pattern, making routines for better results. Synchronization, where multiple points of view become a single one, fixed and understood.
- PI Planning: One of the most powerful elements. I t can be called the heartbeat of the Agile Release Train as it has the power to align all the existing teams to a shared mission and vision.
- DevOps and Releasability: The first one gives the Automation, Lean-flow, Measurements, and Recovery Capabilities to help a company connect development and operations. The second one enables a company to provide value to its customers.
- System Demo: Provided an objective solution where Stakeholders can provide feedback
- Inspect and Adapt: Time to reflect, asses and define solutions.
- IP Iteration: It serves as fender for reaching PI objectives, time for innovation, continuing education and PI Planning.
- Architectural Runway: It englobes all the elements for the implementation of a high priority near-term feature.
- Lean-Agile Leadership: Executives and managers need to adopt this way of thinking and operating.
SAFe can help Opinno reach strategic goals, and not just individual project goals. The extensive framework offers the ability to maintain and create a centralized strategy to deliver value.